Monday, June 8, 2009

Don't Stop Believin'

I couldn't believe this transformation.  Jon needed an extra place to put his clothes (because apparently our 16 ft closet won't work).  Anyways, we purchased this dresser off Craigslist to put in our bedroom.  We picked it up after work today, and now it looks like this.


Dresser - $25
Spray Paint & Primer - $15
New Hardware - $20

It fits perfectly in the corner and blends with the rest of our bedroom furniture perfectly.  And, it only took a couple of hours to complete.

We accessorized with some items that we had around our house including our old bathroom vanity mirror, a small chalkboard, and a small painting of the Lucky Dog stands in NOLA.  I have a vase up there that I am planning on filling with flowers on Friday.

Sincerely,
Megan & Jon

10 comments:

  1. Love the before and after! I've got a wardrobe that I would like to sand and paint, but I'm not up for getting the heavy thing down the stairs! I think if I see enough "before" and 'Afters" like yours it just might give me the motivation I need to get it done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i found your site on tyh. just curious what paint/primer you used for this piece...i love it! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So impressive!! We need to hire you guys and bring you to Texas :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Priscilla,
    I just used a spray white primer and Rust-oleum Ultra Cover spray paint in Flat Black. I used 1 can of primer and 2 cans of black. I got both the paint and hardware from Home Depot.

    Thanks for your compliments. We love them!
    -- Megan & Jon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cause you didn't have anything better to do??? Looks great. I'm impressed with the quick turnaround.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely awesome job on the refurb!
    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love the use of black paint in transformations. That piece is so elegant - you will treasure it for years. Fabulous job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Centsational Girl,
    It is amazing how some spray paint and a couple of hours can transform something! That was my first experience with using Craigslist for furniture, but you can bet that we will be using them again!
    - Megan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just found your blog on katie's blog at all bower power. I see its going to be another favorite of mine! love your work

    www.home23duncanboys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the sweet comment, L. Duncan!

    ReplyDelete